Sunday, December 12, 2010

Body integration

December 12 – Body Integration
This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? 
(Author: Patrick Reynolds)


Oh dear, we have another navel gazing prompt today...but hey, at least y'all got some gingerbreads between my self reflection, right?! 
I'm not sure I can recall a moment when my mind and body felt totally integrated in 2010. However, one event comes to mind when I think about this topic. It occurred during a few hours of pampering (facial, massage, hair treatment etc...bliss!) at a local day spa. During the facial, I recall feeling so relaxed that it were as if my mind and body were totally physically disconnected. In contemporary literature, when we read about people dying, analogies of people's souls floating above their body are often employed. While I was in no way (I hope!!) close to death, I did feel as if I was having a bit of an "out of body" experience. There's nothing like a day spa to reach new heights of relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment