Saturday, December 18, 2010

C25K update - Week 3, Day 1

Yesterday afternoon I made the executive decision that I would up the ante and move onto Week 3 of the C25K program (see this for some context). I headed over to the gym after a day of work and hit the treadmill. The work out was once again surprisingly easy - I comfortably ran/walked a little more than 3.5km in around 28 minutes. However, my ankles were aching throughout the workout. Upon further investigation, I am now able to confirm that I will to have to train outdoors going forward. You see, the springiness of the treadmill means that for people like me (tall, hyper flexible and with a less than perfect running technique), my ankles tend to move laterally when I land (don't visualise it - I can guarantee it'll make you feel queasy!).


So, what's the plan? 
No more treadmills obviously!
Today is a rest day (which, in good news, means there may be some food blogging involved!). Tomorrow, provided that the ankles are feeling good, I will head to the local park and attempt Week 3, Day 2 of the program. It will be particularly interesting to see whether I struggle with Week 3 "on land", given that I don't have a belt propelling myself forwards. I will, of course, report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment