Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Community

December 7 – Community.
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? 
(Author: Cali Harris)


My passion for travel has meant that throughout 2010, I've consistently enjoyed contributing towards and receiving advice from the online travel community. Despite it's palpable weaknesses, I have enjoyed participating in the TripAdvisor community and, in particular, responding to questions relating to parts of the world for which I have a passion (notably: Melbourne; Hong Kong; Vanuatu; Malaysia; and Germany). I have also used the resource to assist in the planning of our forthcoming tri-continent(!!) trip...but more about our very exciting travel plans in subsequent posts.  


In 2011, I wish to engage more deeply with the broader blogging community. I have been enjoying a number of excellent blogs on a wide variety of topics (including, but not limited to, cooking, health, fitness, travel, weight loss, craft - just really those that spark some sort of interest). I suppose what I have been doing is technically known as "lurking", which is a horrible expression with unnecessary negative connotations (in a blogging sense at least!). In any case, I am beginning to understand how a blogging community can offer support and encouragement for personal development, as well as for the evolution of its author's writing. As I am (evidently!) keen to develop my writing through regular blogging, I hope to broaden my network of blog readers/supporters and also participate more actively on blogs belonging to others. In a sense, reverb10 was brought to my attention at a very opportune time – I had made the decision to start a public blog less than a week before I first heard of the project. 
Now that this baby's up and running, I very much look forward to making new connections  blog community, are you ready for me?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment