Friday, December 10, 2010

Wisdom

December 10 – Wisdom. 
What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? 
(Author: Susannah Conway)


Money management is probably not the most exciting topic to blog about, so I'll keep today's post short and sweet (plus I have some delicious pizza to make). However, I would have to say that I was at my sagest this year, when I made the decision to set up an automatic savings plan. This set up essentially involves the automated removal of money from my everyday bank account and its deposit into a special little "Georgia's treats" account on a fortnightly basis. I barely notice the disappearance of $25 from my bank account every two weeks - it pales in comparison to mortgage repayments and other important purchases, bills etc. However, checking back on my "treat" account in September, I realised I had stashed away a nice little amount. In fact, it was enough to buy my new, shiny bicyclette! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment