Saturday, September 17, 2011

Eurotrip2011: Day 54

Kuala Lumpur

After 54 days abroad, this morning was one that I had been looking forward to every day of our holiday. Why? The Westin's buffet breakfast, of course. This veritable feast is by far the best breakfast I have ever consumed. And consumed it I have (on four occasions to be precise!). There are literally rooms of food, from Indian curries and freshly cooked roti, to teh tarik and laksa, to meaty/eggy western-style options, to more delicate Japanese tidbits, to freshly made baked goods with pot-set yoghurt and home made compote. I could go on...

We set aside over 90 minutes to optimise our breakfast consumption (i.e. cram in as much as was physically possible!) and then set out for a little walk. Finding ourselves at the foot of the Petronas Twin Towers, my beloved and I couldn't resist the lure of airconditioning in the Suria KLCC mall contained within. After a refreshing drink and a stickybeak in some of the shops, jet lag simultaneously hit us like a tonne of bricks. As such, we headed back to our hotel for a quick afternoon nap.

Feeling somewhat refreshed, my beloved and I collected our glasses from Sungei Wang and I even managed to pick up a cute little cotton Summer dress from DKNY (not even jet lag can get between me and a bargain!). We spent the rest of the evening exploring central KL at a leisurely pace and gobbled up a cheap curry laksa for dinner. Despite being well and truly satisfied, I couldn't resist purchasing two of my favourite Malaysian sweets for dessert - ice kacang and cendol.


Back at the hotel, my beloved and I tried desperately to fall asleep, but, owing to jet lag, failed miserably. After midnight we decided that nasi lemak would be the only way to get through the night. Oddly enough, the dish indeed had the desired sleep-inducing effect and we finally found ourselves in the land of nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment