Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eurotrip2011: A summary

So, dear readers, after close to two months abroad here is my final post on our European/Middle Eastern/Australasian adventure. For my beloved and I, emotions were certainly a strange melange of happiness and sadness upon our return. While we missed our families, cat babies and the stability of home life in Melbourne, we thoroughly enjoyed our time away, catching up with old (and making new) friends and the lack of work/study stress for two months. 

We have now been back from our holiday for nearly three months, during which time my knee has been successfully reconstructed, our wedding has been booked in, half a semester of university has passed and work continues to be hectic. Needless to say, life's been busy!

In summary, our time away was simply fantastic! We learnt a great deal about who we are and, moreover, how fortunate we are to lead the lives we do (and indeed to have the opportunity to travel in the first place). So as not to forget our wonderful adventures abroad, I have compiled a list of our "favourites", which I have linked back to relevant posts. Enjoy!

Favourite moment:
Favourite food moments: 
Places I'm most excited to return to:

Wow, that list was harder to compile than I initially anticipated. There were literally so many magic moments scattered throughout the course of the trip that it is difficult to pinpoint "favourites" and "bests". All I can say that I'm thrilled to have kept a diary (of sorts) of our trip and I am sure it will prove to be a source of endless amusement/embarrassment in years to come.

Thanks for sticking with me throughout my Eurotrip2011 journalling and please stay tuned, as this blog gets back to its roots - food and frolicking. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Georgia,

    Sad to see the end of your Euro trip posts but excited for some more food and frolicking. Your so blessed to have kept a journal of your thoughts, very impressive organisation. Im always a mess when I travel, but this year I have vowed to document everything. Congrats on the great joys you experienced overseas, from getting engaged to eating at Noma, travel awakens the spirit and feeds the soul unlike anything else. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adriana, thanks so much for your continued support. I agree with you wholeheartedly about travel feeding the soul. It reminds me of a quote by Henry Miller (which I think is located somewhere on this blog): "One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! How fabulous!! We should catch up to debrief and see pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely, E! Perhaps we could drag Ms Anna along too? How about in mid-November (after my exams)? :)

    ReplyDelete